16 October 2008

Another Hundred!

So, I was having some fun with the new paper I bought and ended up folding another 31 cranes yesterday. I'm now up to 201 and have been forced to start hanging them along a different wall, because I can't reach any further down the ceiling in front of my window without potentially breaking something, possibly myself. I'll post a picture of where I'm hanging them later.

From Crane Album


I finished off one of my original paper packets with this string. I'm pretty sure this was just good old 6 inch origami paper, folded while I attempted not to puke, yesterday. Oddly enough, focusing on folding is a good distraction from feeling ill.

I was just going to move on to some more plain old 6 inch paper, but then I got distracted by some of the slightly higher quality new stuff I bought, resulting in the following.

From Crane Album


I honestly don't know how people manage to fold all 1,000 out of 3 inch paper, because I was having difficulty with just these 20. Of course, I just HAD to fold the one extra piece of paper I got with this set, which is the (barely noticeable) gold foil crane right smack in the middle of this whole string. I said something about never folding a foil bird again at the beginning of all this and, having not followed through on this, I can say with renewed conviction that I am never going to fold a foil bird ever again.

Anyway, I'm off to catch up on some missed TV and fold some more.

No comments: