05 October 2008

A Journey Of A Thousand Cranes Begins With A Single Fold.

My sole purpose for this blog is to chronicle my journey through the folding of 1000 paper cranes. According to the site Cranes For Peace: 'It is Japanese legend that folding 1000 cranes (senbazuru) so pleases the gods that the folder is granted a wish.' Right now, I don't really have any particular wish or purpose behind doing this. It's just one item on my list of things I want to do while I'm still willing and capable, so I decided now is as good a time as any to begin (of course, my housemate took this project to mean that I just really need a job). I figure, in the end, it's all about the journey, not the destination. Although, at some point during this whole thing, I'm sure I'll figure out what I want to do with the cranes when I'm done. I have plenty of time to decide.

For now, each post I publish here is going to include a number (most likely in the title) indicating my progress and a picture of my most recent work, along with a short description (color, size, number most recently folded, etc.). Also, I will most likely include something about where and when I folded them, along with anything else I feel is relevant. I really can't guarantee any depth to what I write, but I do intend to put some amount of thought into the whole project. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I will, of course, accept any paper you wish to send my way during the course of this project.

No comments: