09 October 2008

Another Twenty.

I folded all of these on Tuesday, but I failed to get around to posting them until now. I sort of got distracted.

From Crane Album


I folded these (numbers 16 through 25, done with 2 and 3/4 inch origami paper) while watching SANCTUARY, mostly because I really wasn't so much interested in the show. I started out just needing to waste some time before a meeting, and then I decided I would probably do better to make use of said time by folding.

I wasn't actually planning to fold anymore until Wednesday, but I ended up with an unexpected amount of energy when I got home from that meeting (probably from the uphill hike), so I went ahead and folded what I'd planned to save for the next day.

From Crane Album


I went grocery shopping on Tuesday, and I was just about to throw out my receipts when I thought: dude, I could make a whole string of receipt cranes. I started out planning to fold just five of them, but then I found a couple more receipts in my wallet from the other day, and I eventually ended up with ten (including the one I got when I stopped for a coffee on the way to that meeting). It's a bit questionable, as I discovered, folding part of a receipt you turned into a "square", though I wasn't entirely disappointed with the outcome. Most of them ended up with a somewhat wonky head, but, then, I wasn't ever the greatest with the head, anyway.

I definitely want to try this again somewhere around 500, when I've gotten in a bit more practice.

Only 35 into this and I'm kind of beginning to see all paper as potential folding material. It's amusing. I don't think I'm going to suffer from a shortage of paper at any point in the near future. I sort of want to make a string of lottery ticket cranes, next, but, then, I have to either buy them or wait for my aunt to get done with them.

I'm off now to fold some more and watch the first season of MonsterQuest (because I for some reason enjoy frightening myself at 3 AM). And to do something about the poor lighting in my room, because I can't actually see to fold.

No comments: