10 October 2008

Double Wednesday's Total.

I actually doubled my total of cranes, yesterday. I'm now at 70, and well on my way to finish my first 100.

From Crane Album


Some more of the rainbow cranes in 3 and 1/8 inch paper and 3 and 1/2 inch paper, folded at some ungodly hour of the morning when I couldn't sleep and so resorted to watching some more Monster Quest, instead. I'm beginning to discover this is a good use of those otherwise ridiculously boring hours when I can't sleep.

I did a bunch of stuff and took a nap before I folded any more.

From Crane Album


I got all inspired and made the five white ones out of regular paper; they're supposed to represent the five elements in Japanese philosophy. I even pulled out the colored pencils to decorate them. Of course, the other string is just good old 4 inch origami paper, but they're also probably my best string yet.

I don't know if it's the increase in paper size or the fact I've now folded 70 of these, but I'm getting quicker. I'm also getting a bit better, which is definitely good.

Now I'm going out to buy myself a brilliant new selection of paper from the bookstore. I spotted this set of dinosaur paper I really want.

No comments: