12 October 2008

I Made One Hundred!

I haven't feeling very well for the past day or so, but I managed to fold another 12 cranes, yesterday, which, along with the 18 of them I folded on Friday, lifted my total so far up to 100. I'm doing rather well, for the first week.

Anyway, I went out on Friday and bought some more paper, including a dinosaur print pack and an animal print pack. I just wanted to change up the routine, a bit. I decided to fold all of the fun stuff first when I got home.

From Crane Album

Friday.

From Crane Album

Saturday.


At the store where I bought the paper, I got to talking with the cashier and, when I told her what I intended to do with the paper, she said her first instinct whenever someone is folding cranes is to ask if someone in the family is ill. After I left, that conversation really got me thinking about what I want to do with all of these when I'm done and what purpose I have for doing all of this. I thought about how I couldn't really think of any one member of my family to do this for, because I could think of at least one reason to do this for each of them. Luck, prosperity, good health, perseverance, happiness. I could probably keep on folding these for the rest of my life and never even touch that list. But then I thought about my grandmother, who is sick, and has been, and who I thought of briefly when I started this. My grandmother is a very devout Christian and, as such, I doubt she would give a lot of merit to the myth, but would still likely enjoy the gesture. I know she's probably not going to be around much longer, and I just think this would be a really amazing way to show her that I'm thinking about her. It's probably the best purpose I could EVER think of for these cranes.

It's amazing how one random conversation with a stranger can so affect you.

No comments: